The Comprehensive List of Care Resources
Advice on support-raising from Keith Hook
I have worked for a mission agency and raised support for more than 20 years. About six of those years I served as training director and helped teach workers how to raise support. Following are some excellent resources. I have * starred the items I consider to be the very best. May God bless you as you seek to serve him!!!
- Friend Raising by Betty Barnett (2nd edition, 2003)
- * Funding Your Ministry by Scott Morton
- Getting Sent: A Relational Approach to Support Raising by Peter Sommer
- More Than Money, More Than Faith; Successfully Raising Missionary Support in the Twenty-first Century by Paul Johnson
- People Raising: A Practical Guide to Raising Support by William P. Dillon at www.peopleraising.com. Free monthly newsletter.
- Serving as Senders by Neil Pirolo
- The Spirituality of Fundraising by Henri Nouwen at http://www.henrinouwen.org/Spirituality_Series/Fundraising/Fundraising.aspx
* Viewpoints: Fresh Perspectives on Personal Support Raising by Steve Shadrach
* Writing Exceptional Missionary Newsletters, by Sandy Weyeneth. You can get it new or used on Amazon plus other places.
Kingdom Come Training at www.kingdomcometraining.com/
Check out the support raising ideas at home.snu.edu/~hculbert.fs/support.htm
* The BodyBuilders at www.supportraisingsolutions.org/
(This is probably the best support raising resource I know of. They have excellent online material plus workshops. If nothing else, sign up for their free eNewsletter. Every month it has great ideas about raising support and you can access online all their past newsletters.)
Serving in Sensitive Areas
These days it may be necessary to develop a personal evacuation plan while serving in dangerous locales. We suggest these resources as you consider your risks and preventative measures.
Facing Danger—A Guide Through Risk by Anna E. Hampton
A comprehensive look that begins with the theology of risk and ends with a systematic action plan. Integrating faith, spirituality, faith, emotions, stewardship, and a practical danger assessment. See also her website on Risk Assessment and Management training.
Concilium, Inc. - https://concilium.us/
Various training opportunities in security for people doing ministry in sensitive geographic areas.